Date Published Thu, 24 Mar 2016 10:44:07 +0000
Contract Type Contract
Required Experience 5-7years
Expiry Date 30 March
UNIDO has been requested by the Government of Cameroon to design a master plan for a Technological Agro-Industrial Park(TAIP) in Cameroon. The location of the site has been identified by the Government and will cover an area of 300 ha. TAIP will produce and export products of second and third level of processing through the use of transmission technologies.
Post Title: National Urban Design Engineer;
Contract Type: Individual Service Agreement;
Organization Unit: UNIDO
Duty Station: Yaoundé, Camerooon;
Starting date: 01/05/2016
Duration: 4 Months
Duties: Under the supervision of the Project Manager and the National Coordinator, the National Urban Design Engineer will carry out the following duties:
- Survey the project area, object, individual and relevant activities that will be carried out with a view to collecting relevant information and data;
- Identify the various types of industries to be established in the park and the different types of industrial facilities/utilities to be put into place;
- Synthetize the contributions of all the key experts involved in the project and to express this in a physical from suitable for human needs;
- Propose management strategies for any environmental changes, well versed in development control matters, either in the preparation of design brief for environmental control or in the local area management and conversation;
- Design/Produce on a scale of 1:1000, a survey plan that will be used for the preparation of a Layout of the TAIP.The survey plan must show the relief of the land with the aid of contour lives at vertical intervals of 0.4 meters;
- Design at the appropriate scale as prescribed in the TOR a Layout plan of the AIT which should be subdivided into plots where 80% of the plots will be for industrial development while 20% will be for the provision of facilities and services. Eleven(11) of the facilities and services should be concentrated in and around the center of the park for the purposes of easy accesibility and common use by the industrial workers of the park. The central facilities and services should be: an administrative office, a recreation(rest) park, a playground, a health clinic, a commercial bank, a postal agency, a police post, a fire brigade, a canteen and two car parks;
- Produce a land use analysis of the TAIP, the outcome beindg a zoning map of the project area concerned;
- Design the landscaping of the entire TAIP zone in the context of the overall Master planning;
- Produce a final report.
- Relevant information and data collected.
- Different types of industries and industrial facilities/utilities identified.
- Contributions of all key experts are synthetized and expressed in a physical from suitable for human needs.
- Management strategies are proposed.
- Survey plan is designed and produced
- Layout plan of TAIP is designed.
- Zoning map produced
- A landscaping of the entire TAIP zone is designed
- Final report produced
Qualification: Relevant degree in urban designing, with 6 years of field experience.
Language: Excellent written and spoken English and French.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
All interested applicants are required to submit their interest and suitability for the position mentionned above, indicating the vacancy position as subject of the email or on envelopes of written application. Attached CVs and certified copies of qualifications(i.e technical and academic certificates).
Please forward all written applications to Technopole project office, located in UNIDO building, Quartier Golf Bastos, Axe Presidentiel, IMM SCI LA ROCHELLE, Email applications should be sent to email@example.com; Tel: (+237) 242 74 80 34