Date Published Fri, 22 Jan 2016 11:50:58 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Salary Very encouraging
Required Experience Entry Level
Expiry Date 3 Feb
OPENING DATE: January 20, 2016
CLOSING DATE: February 03, 2016 at 16:00
WORK HOURS: Full time, 45 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-03
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-BB*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Chauffeur.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Motor Pool Supervisor, incumbent serves as Chauffeur for the Motor Pool Section of the General Services Office. Duties include: driving assigned vehicle (passenger car, station wagon, and water truck) within the city or vicinity and, occasionally on long trips; keeping assigned vehicle clean and in presentable condition at all times; keeping track of vehicle operation records; making minor repairs and changing tires as necessary.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: GCE “O” level or BEPC or equivalent diploma is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least two years driving experience for an international organization or a large local institution is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to pass the pre-employment eye examination. He/She is expected to be highly flexible in terms of being able to work during the week and weekends to cover mission requirements. A valid driver’s license (Categories B, C, and D) is required. (This will be tested.)
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Applicant must know Cameroonian traffic laws and have a good knowledge of the main cities’ streets. He/She must be able to make minor repairs on vehicles.
SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office:
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
E-mail Address: email@example.com (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)