Date Published Tue, 03 Nov 2015 09:14:19 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Salary Very encouraging
Required Experience Entry Level
Expiry Date 16/11/2015
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
OPENING DATE: November 2, 2015
CLOSING DATE: November 16, 2015 at 16:00
WORK HOURS: Full time, 45 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-03 Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-BB**Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a temporary position not to exceed 2 years from date of hire.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THEREQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office in Yaounde is seeking eligible and qualifiedapplicants for the position of Chauffeur.This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations, incumbent serves as chauffeur for CDC inYaounde. Duties include: driving vehicles within the city and vicinity and on long trips; checking vehiclecondition before starting the workday or on each takeover of different vehicle; keeping vehicle operationrecords – times and places of departure and arrival, mileage, gasoline and oil taken from the official pumpor stock, or purchased on the road; keeping vehicle clean and in presentable condition at all times; makingminor repairs on vehicle as necessary and reporting other needed repairs; keeping vehicle ready foroperation through checking brakes, steering, tires, oil, gasoline, water and battery.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensiveinformation supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is notqualified.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of Elementary School (First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) orequivalent) is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least two years driving experience with a clean record, including driving on highwaysand rural roads in an international organization or large local institution, is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. LevelIII (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing French is required. (This will be tested.)
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must pass the pre-employment eye examination. Incumbent isexpected to be highly flexible in terms of being able to work during the week and weekends to covermission requirements. He/She should be able to understand oral and written instructions in English andFrench. A valid driver’s license categories B is required. (This will be tested.)
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Applicant must know Cameroonian traffic laws and have a good knowledge of themain cities’ streets. He/She must be able to make minor repairs on vehicles as necessary.
SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office:P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, CameroonE-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.