Date Published Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:17:31 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Salary USD 8000
Required Experience 3-5years
Expiry Date 30 September 2015
GWPF, Global Warming Policy Fund, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges. GWPF’s work focuses on mitigating against global warming, valuing and conserving nature, ensuring effective and equitable governance of its use, and deploying nature-based solutions to global challenges in climate, food and development. GWPF supports scientific research, manages field projects all over the world, and brings governments, NGOs, the UN and companies together to develop policy, laws and best practice. The GWPF is recruiting for Finance and Administration Manager.
The Role The Finance and Administration Manager will work to:
• Administer the Project finance tasks. This includes providing accounting support, ensuring the implementation of financial policies and procedures in order to ensure cost effective and timely reporting and compliance.
• Other operational functions include Human Resource, Administration, ICT, procurement and logistics, and other coordination activities. This will involve ensuring compliance with the Fund’s and other relevant policy guidelines in order to realize smooth operations
• The Finance and Administration Manager, with dotted reporting line to the Senior Director, Operations and Finance Manager based in London, will report the Regional Field Operations Director.
• Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and all procedures and controls are implemented.
• Maintain financial records, handling of staff advances, retirements and making financial returns to London Office.
• Manage bank accounts, and the transfer of money between head-office, regional office, country office and field offices. • Monitor cash-flow.
• Ensure that all monthly transactions are posted to our accounting/ERP system.
• Prepare an analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
• Ensure that accounts are received by the head office by the 25th day of every month
• Assist in the preparation and review of budgets for the office, partners and field activities.
• Monitor expenditure Logistics
• Ensure that all the travel needs for the office are addressed in a timely manner. • Manage vehicle allocation • Prepare monthly vehicle/fuel reports. Administration • Analyze the phone bill on monthly basis; private bills for private usage should be met by the staff themselves.
• Ensure that security procedures are implemented and the necessary security support are secured as and when need arises. Liaise with other agencies/government on security issues.
• Ensure contracts for the office and the guesthouse, and that the obligations are met as and when they fall due.
• Oversee all administrative filing and records, and archiving. Procurement
• Ensure proper engagement with vendors, e.g. signing of contracts and negotiations done as appropriate
• Purchase goods and services.
• Oversee stores operations
• Ensure compliance with the signing matrix (cheque, LPOs and contracts) Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Regional Field Operations Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• The ideal candidate should have a degree in any business specialty, a qualified (or part qualified) accountant (A.C.C.A or any other relevant CPA), and computer literate. He/she should be familiar with any accounting software/ERP, and capable of preparing final financial and management reports. He / she should also be capable of coordinating the operations of the office.
How to apply:
Submit an updated C.V. and cover letter indicating the position using the form below