Date Published Tue, 08 Oct 2013 09:01:42 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date 30/10/2013
Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd, announces an opportunity for an entusiastic and efficient individual for the position of Electrical/Maintenance Coordinator based in Douala, Cameroon.
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae including full employment history before the 30th of October 2013. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Electrical/Maintenance Coordinator - Department of General Administration
Glencore, as part of its growing operations, is looking for a motivated, efficient, proactive and experienced Electrical/Maintenance Coordinator to join its Department of General Administration on a contract basis in Douala.
As an Electrical/Maintenance Coordinator working for Glencore, the general responsibilities will include:
- General supervision of repairs and maintenance work of office building and villas, accommodation apartments
- Ensurint that contractors render cost effective, high quality service in line with contractual terms and in compliance with Glencore's HSE standards. This will include and not limited to : Pre-qualifying contractors; Supervising/Coordinating work programs; Reviewing contractor's competence assurance plans; Lead and coach Glencore's Contractor Staff;
- Exercise Budget control through effective cost management
- General Administrative services to support operations through interfaces with Contractors/Commercial outfits, Landlords.
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of a young, potential successful organisation,
- Future opportunity to grow into a more senior role within the Department of General Administration.
Necessary qualification and experience
- Good and relevant University degree with previous experience in a similar job position,
- Minimum of 2/3 year experience in Electrical/Maintenance Duties, ideally within the Oil and gas exploration industry,
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity in dealing with services providers,
- The ability to work in an multicultural environment,
- An excellent communicator is essential whilst working with own initiative and little supervision will be key,
- An Enterprising, proactive and results oriented person, who enjoys working as part of a team will be beneficiary,
- A High standard of spoken and written English and French languages
- Working hours will be 8:00-5:00pm Monday - Friday.