Date Published Mon, 12 Jan 2015 18:29:38 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience Entry Level
Expiry Date Thursday 15th January 2015
Role: Full time & part time (male & female)
We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Bartender to join IYA, a stylish & contemporary restaurant offering a heritage and seasonally inspired menu, paired with timeless cocktails. As a Bartender you will assist with the seamless running of the bar area by providing classic cocktails and beverages to our guests and ensuring the highest level of guest service is maintained at all times.
IYA welcomes and offers its patrons a world of authentic gastronomic experiences. At IYA we place great emphasis on food, drinks and service, enabling our clientele to enjoy a truly authentic, locally sourced and produced cuisine and timeless cocktails by a passionate team.
IYA draws on the rich and varied gastronomic offerings of the Cameroon, and pays homage to the great seasonal and cultural heritage of the region and its people.
IYA takes pride in providing a recognized hospitality experience to its discerning clientele who appreciate good food and service, and as such seek a Bartender who can work with the IYA Team to achieve such exceptional Guest experience every time.
Working at IYA
Our restaurant and cocktail bar are busy and our standards are high – working at IYA is no easy ride. You should consider applying if you enjoy being challenged. In return, we do offer fantastic opportunities and great benef ts. We place huge importance on creating a great culture, investing in our team’s development and wellbeing, as well as mentoring and coaching every team member to achieve their potential.
As a Bartender you will need to have a good knowledge of cocktails and have passion for wines and alcohol. You will be also responding to guest’s requests at the bar and assisting the waiters in the day-to-day running of the restaurant
To qualify, you must be an enthusiastic, motivated Bartender whom we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You must be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
• Confdent, professional and welcoming personality
• Ability to multi-task and manage the bar under pressure
• Good knowledge of wine, liquor and champagnes
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Strong grasp of bar management skills
• Understanding of cocktail mixology
• Can always keep a smile on their face even when busy
• Ideally bilingual (French & English)
• Work well under Restaurant & Bar Manager
• It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following
capabilities and distinctions:
o Previous Bartending experience
o Willingness to develop team members and self
o Degree and/or academic backing
o Passion for cocktails, wines and liquors
In RetuRn We OffeR:
• Very attractive wages
• Training and development opportunities
• Career planning and progression
• Generous staff discount: 25% off food and drink during the day (with up to 2 friends), and 15% in the evenings at IYA
• 28 days annual leave (exclusive of statutory bank holidays)
• Food and hot drinks provided on shift
• Regular staff drinks for all team members
• 6 days annual sick leave
• Healthcare* (applicable only after probation period)
• Ecobank savings account.
• Annual summer party for all team members and their close families
• Laundered Uniforms
If interested, APPLY HERE