Date Published Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:54:57 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Salary Commensurate with experience
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date 28th July, 2014
The International NGO Sightsavers is recruiting a Trachoma Project Coordinator to be based in Maroua, Far North Region, on a 2 years fixed term contract.
Sightsavers' vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We work with partners in 34 countries across Africa and Asia to make this a reality. Trachoma Project Coordinator - Far North Region
Overall purpose and responsibilities
The Trachoma Project Coordinator will, under the direction of the NTDs Manager, be responsible for ensuring that the Far North Trachoma elimination project is implemented to plan in collaboration with relevant partners and in keeping with SightSavers' preferred strategy, policies and procedures.
- S/he will be responsible for developing activity based budgets in collaboration with partners and subsequently monitor the implementation of these budgets, forecasts and expenditure.
- S/he will be accountable for delivering quality and timely project outputs in line with set targets as well as writing project reports and sharing useful learning with the wider organization
- S/he will be accountable for collaborating with all relevant partners involved in the SAFE strategy implementation in the Far North Region within thematic tasks forces/coordinating groups.
- S/he will also have responsibility for managing and reporting on donor funding for the project in accordance with donors' requirements and in line with SightSavers grant management policies and procedures.
- The role requires substancial experience in project management and working in partnerships with governmental agencies and civil society organisations.
- You will need to have a minimum of five(5) years experience of working in public health programmes.
- You should have proven coordination, influencing and negotiation skills alongside well-developed analytical, presentation and operational planning skills.
- The ability to work well with others and build good relations internally and externally will be required.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Public Health, environmental sanitation or other related fields is required.
- A masters' degree will be a distinct advantage.
- Bilingualism(English and French) will be an advantage for this position.
To apply for the position, please email email@example.com for a copy of the application pack to be sent to you. Completed application forms must be submitted by 5.00p.m. by 28th July 2014. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.