Date Published Tue, 15 Aug 2017 12:16:36 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date August 21
To develop our activities in Cameroon, we are recruiting a full time Public Health Analyst to be based in Yaoundé.
Public Health Analyst
The goal of a Public Health Analyst is help individuals and families live healthier lives, and educate communities about health-related issues. Her/Her duties include assessing policies and programs as well as identifying needs and promoting action.
- A minimum of a master’s degree preferably in public health, in addition to relevant professional experience.
- You must be an expert in developing public health policy, preferably with experience in policy analysis.
- Required skills include interpreting data and developing strategic plans and a complete mastery of public health policies of Cameroon.
- MUST be proactive and motivated
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with programs an employer uses are important. People skills are also necessary as this job involves public education, program coordination and advocacy.
An effective public health analyst needs to have strong communication (bilingualism preferred) and facilitation skills as you will be educating and coordinating varied agencies and organizations. Advocating for changes in public policy requires a confident person who can speak to a public official, or stand before an audience and make a convincing case. You also need good writing skills because you could be called upon to write articles, create news releases, bulletins, reports, posters, fliers and other documents. Analysts must be creative and able to think out of the box. Other needed skills include multitasking, paying attention to detail and working well independently and as a team member
- The first assignment for a newly hired Public Health Analyst is to do what the job title suggests: study programs and policies, rate their effectiveness and identify needs. Then you develop a plan detailing methods to meet those needs and measure your success.
- You present your findings to public policymakers, service providers, community groups and the news media.
- In this way, you educate authorities and the public about health issues in the area you serve.
- A public health analyst will also play a key role in developing government policies and coordinating service providers. The position requires you to be an advocate for change when health threats need to be addressed or programs require revisions.
- Some of your responsibilities as a public health analyst will vary. These factors affect the duties you are expected to perform, which can include anything from producing a handbook of community programs and services to writing grants to conducting fundraising campaigns
- Write at least one article every two weeks for the website on issues that can contribute to the economic transition of Cameroon and Africa.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on time.
- Organizational skills and performing job requirements efficiently and orderly.
- Ability to maintain high degree of privacy and confidentiality.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- This is a no?smoking work environment.
- The work environment is located on the second floor of a two?story building.
- This position will be full time 40 hours per week.
All applications must be submitted using our online application tools. Before applying, you shall prepare a CV, cover letter and a writing sample. Submit your REQUIRED WRITING EXERCISE – To be considered, applicants must submit a sample writing sample (no more than 3000 words) on a topic dealing with public health