Overtime and weekend work is highly possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Hours fluctuate throughout the year with the busiest times during the summer months and seven-day workweeks highly possible. Requires ability to travel to job sites. Availability, willingness and flexibility to travel outside assigned site area for periods lasting as long as 3-4 days at a time. Such out-of-town travel may be necessary as often as every six weeks or eight times per year. Travel accommodations and per diem will be provided for out-of-town assignments.
“SUPER SEVEN” TEAM MEMBER GUIDELINES:
(1) Displays a cooperative spirit
(2) Offers solutions to team problems; not complaints
(3) Supports team members’ ideas & suggestions
(4) Offers to assist others when time is available
(5) Makes positive comments about team members
(6) Asks for others’ ideas & demonstrates consideration of others as important team members
(7) Assists other team members when they ask for help
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative sciences, Social Science or related field Minimum of two years of experience in data collection or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant field working experience in an NGO is desirable.
- Must possess excellent administrative and communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, good writing and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
Certifications and Licenses
- A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. “Staff are also regularly required to perform field work and travel across Cameroon"
- The company is a tobacco-free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.