Date Published Fri, 03 Mar 2017 09:43:09 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date March 17
Accountant for Payables
YooMee Cameroon is looking for a qualified person to fill the position: Accountant for Payables
At YooMee, leadership, flexibility and speed are critical to successful growth. Our actions and performances are based upon our values.
YooMee Cameroon is a provider of high speed internet access to the people and businesses. (www.yoomee.cm) The Company offers affordable and reliable mobile
General Purpose: Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions
Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- review and verify invoices and check requests.
- sort, code and match invoices.
- set invoices up for payment.
- enter and upload invoices into system.
- track expenses and process expense reports.
- prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- prepare and perform check runs.
- prepare and send PO to vendors.
- post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- prepare analysis of accounts
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- maintain vendor files
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Audit and process credit card bills
- correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- produce monthly reports;
- prepare monthly tax of the company
- provide supporting documentation for audits
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Support financial statement audits
- Manage Fixed Assets
- Assist in the production of financial statements;
- Assist in the production of financial report ( weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Assist Director of Finance on special projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- knowledge of accounts payable.
- knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- knowledge of relevant accounting software .
- proficient in data entry and management .
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Must have strong work ethics.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English and French fluently
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- attention to detail and accuracy
- communication skills
- information management skills
- problem-solving skills
- team work
- ability to meet deadlines
Your application must include:A complete CV & covert letter in English