Date Published Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:51:48 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date Jan 21
The primary role of the Business Developer is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. He/she must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
He/she must develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship, grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
He/she must have knowledge on various businesses such as clothing (especially for kids), Agriculture, & Logistics. Strategic planning is a key part of this job, since it is the business developer’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the products, solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
New Business Development
* Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business for clothing business, agriculture, and logistics.
* Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network.
* Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
* Research and build relationships with new clients.
* Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders.
* Plan approaches and pitches.
* Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
* Participate in pricing the solution/service.
* Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
* Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
* Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
* Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
* Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
* Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
* Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and
information on market and creative trends.
* Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new
services, products, and distribution channels.
* Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
* Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
* Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
* Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
* Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
* Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
* Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
* Present business development training and mentoring to other internal staff.
* Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
* Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
Qualifications and requirements
* A bachelor's degree in Marketing or any related business field;
* At least 3 – 5 years working experience in a in a company selling clothing or offering logistics services.
* An MBA will be a plus
* Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
* Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior, and to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Other Skills & Competencies
Proven competencies are required in:
Networking with people, Bilingualism (French & English), Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, Reporting skills, and Microsoft Office.
* The position is full time. Shall start with 4months probation period.
* Working days shall be Monday to Saturday (8am – 5:30pm). In the absence of any urgent tasks, work on Saturday would finish at midday.
NB: Interested candidates should send their CVs and motivation