Date Published Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:43:12 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience Entry Level
Expiry Date January 21
The position of marketing officer consists of determining the demand for products and services (kids clothing, logistics, & agricultural products), and competitors and identifying potential customers. It also consists of developing pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the company's profits or shares of the market while ensuring the company's customers are satisfied, and overseeing service development or monitoring trends that indicate the need for new services.
* Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about products and services, and drive qualified traffic to adopt them.
* Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
* Experiment with a variety of organic and paid digital acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis, and much more
* Produce valuable and engaging website content and blog that attracts and converts required target groups.
* Build strategic relationships and partners with key industry players, agencies and vendors
* Be in charge of marketing budget and allocate/invest funds wisely
* Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
* Search, establish and manage customers and partnerships with corporate clients to push sales.
* Consult with customers to gain advice regarding the types of services they expect;
* Coordinate and carryout promotional activities both online and offline, advertising, to market the services of the company;
* Develop pricing strategies, balancing company objectives and customer satisfaction;
* Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing agents and oversee their daily activities;
* Evaluate the financial aspects of business development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections;
* Develop marketing material with relevant software tools (photoshop, etc)
* Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors;
* Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings;
* Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
* Carryout and supervise all trade marketing field work to push the adoption of products and services.
* Develop an online strategy to brand the business and attract new and keep old customers.
* Provide comprehensive reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis with recommendations on how to grow the business;
Qualifications and requirements
* A bachelor's degree in Marketing or any related field.
* At least 2 years working experience as marketer in a logistics, or clothing or agricultural company.
* Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior, and to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
* Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
* Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
* Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
* Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
* Good taste, a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
* Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Competencies (in order of importance)
* Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
* Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
* Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
* Bilingualism – Job requires that candidate be bilingual
* Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
* The position is full time. Shall start with 4months probation period.
* Working days shall be Monday to Saturday (8am – 5:30pm). In the absence of any urgent tasks, work on Saturday would finish at midday.
NB: Interested candidates should send their CVs and motivation letters