Date Published Tue, 10 Jan 2017 13:20:02 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Salary See details below
Required Experience 1-3years
Expiry Date Jan 19
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position.
The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
OPENING DATE: January 06, 2016
CLOSING DATE: January 19, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-01
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-DD*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position Janitor. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, the incumbent cleans offices and other work areas, public areas and entrances, hallways, bathrooms, water fountains, and
storage areas, including outlying buildings, the Compound Access Control areas and U.S. Government leased residences during transition periods. May be called upon to assist with special functions.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Completion of Elementary School is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years of janitorial work experience with an international organization, company, or as a contractor is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) English and French is required. (This will be tested.)
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The incumbent must be able to utilize full range of cleaning equipment and products. (Skills and abilities may be tested.)
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: The jobholder must know proper cleaning methods and tools.
http://yaounde.usembassy.gov/dr01-2017.html and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office at Ext. 4006.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief