Date Published Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:21:45 +0000
Contract Type Full Time
Required Experience Entry Level
Expiry Date July 29
The position of Digital Content Developer and Translator consists of developing text contents across different topics in both French and English, and translating already developed contents to either French or English.
* Develop text contents across well-defined topics for digital media.
* Propose new topics that will interest individuals and corporates, and develop contents based on these topics
* Upload contents to web content management systems.
* Translate contents from English to French, and vice versa
* Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information
* Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials
* Check original texts or confer with authors to make sure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material
* Compile information on content and context of information to be translated on intended audience
Qualifications and requirements
* A bachelor’s degree in translation, Journalism or Digital Content Development.
* Proven knowledge on digital technology and web browsing Competencies (in order of importance)
* Perfectly Bilingual with French as first language
* Ability to identify topics that will interest the public, and development of contents around the topics.
* Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Out-of-the-Box Thinking — Job requires thinking out of the box to identify and develop contents that will be liked by precise target groups.
* Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
* Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
* Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
* The position is full time and shall start with 4months probation period.
* Working days shall be Monday to Saturday (8am – 5:30pm).